Welcome to Guitar Chords Mastery!
Are you stuck playing only basic chords on the first 4 frets of your guitar?
Are you tired of playing only power/bar chords and that is the only way you know how to access the higher registers of your fretboard?
Fret no more! :)
This course has been specially designed to help specifically beginner to intermediate guitar players master chord playing all over the fretboard.
I'm sure at this point you've seen how professionals rarely stay on the first 4 frets of their guitar when playing chords for a song. They're literally all over the fretboard! This is because they understand how chords are constructed and they also know where their root notes are. The combination of chord construction knowledge and knowing the notes on their fretboard gives them total access to any chord anywhere on the fretboard.
The primary goal of this course is to help you get there!
Here is how the course is structured and how it will work:
-You will start by learning every note on your guitar fretboard. My note memorization section in the course will get you there very quickly.
-You will learn foundational music theory that is essential for chord construction
-You will learn the chord construction formula for every foundational chord : Major, Minor, Sus2, Sus4, Minor 7, Major 7, Dominant 7, Diminished, and Augmented
-You will learn chord progressions as exercises to help you get used to playing different types of chords and combinations of them
-You will learn how to play the most basic open chords then learn how to move these chords all over the fretboard
-You will learn a unique approach of seeing chords all over the fretboard from a 6 string, 5 string, and 4 string perspective.
-You will learn how to play great sounding slash chords. Understanding how slash chords are constructed will allow your chord playing to sound more exotic and professional.
-You will learn strumming and picking techniques that are necessary for chord expression
-You will learn about triads and how to find them all over the fretboard.
-You will also learn how to apply triads in the context of a song. What use is a triad if it can't be applied to music?
-You will learn the CAGED system and understand why it is so important for chord visualization all over the fretboard
-For those who like playing guitar solos, you will learn a very powerful concept called the "CAGED Pentatonic Connection". This will help take your lead playing to the next level.
-You will learn how to play the same chord progression in any position of the fretboard. This sets apart the amateurs from the professionals.
-You will learn the Nashville numbering system to prepare you for professional work in the music industry
-I will share with you my signal chain and what equipment I use to help you achieve the same guitar tone
By the end of this course:
-You will have the knowledge and ability to express chords of any given song tastefully in any position of the fretboard.
-You will sound more professional in your chord playing as you are no longer stuck to just open chords and bar chords.
-You will be able to play any chord, using any string set, in any position of the fretboard.
-At the end of the course, I will teach you how to play the entire song that I wrote for the intro of the promo video, I think you're going to love it!
Over 8 hours of guitar instruction focused primarily on the art of playing beautifully voiced chords all over the fretboard.
- The main goal of this course is help you master the ability to play chords and chord progressions all over the fretboard.
- By the end of the course you will be able to play chords and express progressions in any position of the fretboard from low to high
- You will learn how to play the same progression in different areas of the fretboard to create unique tones
- You will learn essential theory needed to understand chord construction. This will allow you to construct any chord anywhere on the fretboard.
- You will learn how to memorize the notes on the fretboard. This is crucial to finding chords anywhere on the fretboard.
- You will learn the foundational construction of major, minor, sus 2, sus 4, minor 7, major 7, dominant 7, augmented, and diminished chords
- You will learn about slash chords and how to play more exotic and beautiful sounding chords
- You will learn basic and advanced open chords and then learn how to move them around the fretboard
- You will be given great sounding chord progressions throughout the course as exercises to help you master the techniques
- You will learn how to be great at strumming and picking
- You will learn triads and how to apply them to music
- You will learn the CAGED system and why it is important in understanding the fretboard and chord playing
- You will learn the Nashville numbering chord system that professionals use in the music industry
- You will be an all round better guitarist who can confidently take chords of any song and play it anywhere on the fretboard
- You will be done with beginner and amateur sounding chords, this course will take you to the next level
- You need an electric guitar and amplifier
- Acoustic guitars are fine too, they're just alot harder to reach higher registers
- Beginner knowledge in guitar chord playing will help but is not necessary. I will walk you through chords from beginner to advanced levels
- A desire to want to be good at expressing great sounding chords all over the fretboard in any position
Course Length : 8hrs 17mins
61 Downloadable Resources
Mark Shian is a musician, teacher, singer-songwriter, recording engineer, and recording artist based in St. Petersburg, USA. He is known on YouTube for performing inspiring piano and guitar music. He began playing the piano at age 5 and the guitar at age 12 and excels at both instruments as a recording artist. Mark had quite a journey in his music career having trained in classical, blues, and jazz. He eventually decided to focus on his passion in modern contemporary and worship music. His long and difficult journey of discovering his musical identity led him to create courses to help people shorten the process of reaching their musical goals and dreams. His courses are known to take the average musician from beginner to professional levels in a very short period of time compared to classical and conventional music education. He teaches primarily based on the understanding that people ultimately want to be able to discover their greatest potential to express their hearts through music. In light of this, his teaching style is more focused towards accomplishing the goal of musical expression instead of excessive focus on music theory or scales. His courses all include foundational levels to help students understand important basic theory fundamentals to prepare them for the completion of the course. The teachings that follow are usually musically empowering and special in its approach to helping students adopt concepts that set them above the crowd. Mark's courses represent some of the best accelerated music courses found on the internet.
Preview1-00 Introduction to Fretboard Notes Memorization (0:59)
Start1-01 Fretboard Memorization Technique & Open Strings EADGBE (2:33)
Start1-02 - Low E String Memorization (1:04)
Start1-03 - Low A String Memorization (1:14)
Start1-04 - GAB, CDE, FGA Memorization (1:07)
Start1-05 - Octave Patterns (1:48)
Preview1-06 - F Note Memorization (2:13)
Start1-07 - G Note Memorization (2:09)
Start1-08 - A Note Memorization (2:53)
Start1-09 - B Note Memorization (1:25)
Start1-10 - C Note Memorization (0:49)
Start1-11 - D Note Memorization (1:50)
Start1-12 - E Note Memorization (2:15)
Start2-00 Introduction to Theory and Chord Construction (1:27)
Start2-01 Tone and Semitone (0:43)
Preview2-02 Intervals and Terminology (7:20)
Start2-03 Construction of the Major Scale Using Tone and Semitone (5:48)
Start2-04 Construction of the Major Scale Using Intervals (1:23)
Start2-05 The C Major Scale on E,A,D,G Strings (2:59)
Start2-06 Major Chord Construction (4:16)
Start2-07 Minor Chord Construction (1:48)
Start2-08 Sus2 Chord Construction (1:38)
Start2-09 Sus4 Chord Construction (2:25)
Preview2-10 Major 7 Chord Construction (2:16)
Start2-11 Minor 7 Chord Construction (2:01)
Start2-12 Dominant 7 Chord Construction (3:45)
Start2-13 Diminished Chord Construction (2:57)
Start2-14 Augmented Chord Construction (4:40)